Friday, August 22, 2008

Well, Wesley is 3 weeks old now, and has almost reached his due date! We are glad he came early (me especially), because the timing was great for our move. I do have to say that it was CRAZY for a few days around the house. When my water broke, we were in the middle of packing boxes, and my mom had just had the floors ripped out of the entire main level of her house (we live in the basement). Needless to say, the entire house was a disaster area. I had also agreed to watch our neighbors' dog for two weeks while they went to the Gilapagos Islands (did I spell that right?), and was waiting by the front door for them to drop the dog off when I realized it was time to head to the hospital. I didn't tell them, and if you knew them you would understand why. Their dog is like a child to them. The wife would have worried like crazy and probably taken the dog somewhere else, but they pay us so well that I didn't want her to do that. I would only be in the hospital for a couple days, and in the meantime there would be people around the house to take care of the little puppy princess.

True to form, my delivery was very fast and very painful. I keep telling Jim I'm getting an epidural for the next one, but after a few weeks I'm done being traumatized and plan on going au naturale next time too. I'm only in labor for a few hours, and it's not terrible until the last half hour or so. Wesley is a sweet baby, and looks like a Campbell so far. Luke and Tag are doing well with the new addition (although Tag was having some jealousy issues for awhile there). Enjoy the pictures!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jessica Zimmerman said...

Cute, cute, cute! Best of luck with your move.

Huckaby Family said...

He is a cutie. I am glad everything went well. Rachel

MKMT said...

i'm so proud to claim such a darling new nephew! thanks jim and meredith for adding wes to the family. i can't wait to meet him!

All of Us said...

Holy smokes that child looks like a Taggart! Very much a cutie.

Blog Archive