This past weekend, I ran in a 198-mile relay called Ragnar. My team of 12 ran from Cumberland, Maryland, to Washington D.C. in about 31 hours. I personally ran 19.5 miles (split up into 3 legs of 7.3, 7.4, and 4.8 miles), averaging about 8.5 minutes per mile. If you asked me on Saturday afternoon if I would ever do it again, I would have told you "No way." Running uphill, through the night, and on 1 hour of sleep, I felt pretty wretched when I crossed that finish line. Now I'm catching up on sleep, and feeling a strong sense of accomplishment! I'm amazed that my body was able to work so hard! I loved my team. We supported and cheered each other on, and had fun in the process. The scenery along the way was beautiful. I was the last runner, so running in D.C. was exciting and reminded me of my runs in downtown Philly.
If you're interested in seeing some video footage of our team, the "Fashionable Ladies Club", check this out (made by Ben Howington): www.fashionableladies.wordpress.com.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Some of the blogs that we follow...
- Apache Adoption Agency
- Brain Jail
- brohammas (Dalyn's Blog)
- Colorado Clan
- Coming to Terms With Sloppy Joes
- Dartastic
- David and Shelly
- Deaver Daily
- Down on the Farm
- Foodie Family Recipes
- Hamm Family
- Hawkfest
- Huckabys
- Jack's thoughts
- Jenn and Jimmeh
- Jo
- Knickerbocker Knotes
- Ma and Pa Taggart
- McLaughlins
- Melyn and Kyler
- Pages From my Notebook
- Sara and Cameron
- Seven Waters, To Go
- Stevensons
- Tag and Tracy
- Tag Team
- Taggartopia
- The Apron Stage
- The Meadowland
- The Ted Campbells
- The Zenks
- Tuckers
- Tyson and Julia
- Wilckens
- Winters Wonderland
- Zimmerman Zone
4 comments:
Raising 4 boys through dental school, and now THIS? You make me feel really lazy. Awesome job. What an incredible accomplishment.
Wow, you are amazing, Meredith!! We were just in Chicago during the Chicago Marathon (okay, okay, not actually PARTICIPATING in the marathon) and I thought of you. You should do Chicago next year...I know a nice place you can stay before and after!
I know I'm a few months late in saying this, but congratulations!! Wow! You are amazing.
Great job, Meredith! I remember in San Jose trying to convince you to run with me...lol. I am glad to see you are doing it now (and thriving with it)!
Post a Comment