Thursday, May 22, 2008

I got tagged by a friend, so here goes:

8 things I want to do before I die:
Ride in a hot air balloon
Run a marathon
Have a few more kids and raise 'em good
Go to France, Australia, New Zealand, Egypt, China, Hawaii, and Greece
Become organized
Learn to play the violin or cello
See my children all graduate from college
Learn how to keep plants alive and have a big garden

8 things I am passionate about:
My religion
My husband
My kids
The piano
Exercise
Sweets (I know, it totally contradicts the last one)
Thriftiness
Cleanliness

8 common phrases heard in my house:
I love you
Thank you
But I don't need to go potty!
Mommy! See this!
Have a great day
Dude
This place is a mess! (that's me saying it)
Daddy's home!

8 recently read books:
These is my Words, by Nancy Turner (my all-time favorite book)
Sarah's Quilt, by Nancy Turner
Harvest (can't remember the author)
The Memory Keeper's Daughter (can't remember the author)
The Glass Castle, by Jeannette somebody
A Great and Terrible Beauty (okay, I'm really bad about authors)
The Lion's Game
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (currently reading)

8 songs on my ipod:
I hardly ever listen to music. My ipod only has books on it. In my car our CD changer is full of sappy, romantic movie soundtracks. Jim LOVES is when he uses the van!

8 random things about me:
I love cereal for meals, breakfast and otherwise
I hate going to bed late, although I often do
I don't know what color my hair really is
I'm afraid that talking on my cell phone will give me cancer
Tornadoes fascinate me
People tell me all the time that I'm mellow and patient, but I'm really neither of those
When I'm around short girls, I wish I was shorter. When I'm around tall girls, I wish I was taller.
I think math problems are fun, especially hard ones with lots of complicated steps.

I tag Julia B., Helena, and Rachel H.!

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Here's a math conundrum for you--how do your kids get above the 100th percentile? So what are they--101st percentile or 103rd percentile? Not being satisfied with the 99th percentile, you have to start making stuff up...

Love,
Your nerdy pediatrician brother with the short kids

Meredith said...

Hey, I'm just repeating what the doctor said. It doesn't make sense mathematically, but I think it just means "off the charts". Whatever the case may be, it might be a good thing that we're not passing along our crazy genes to a daughter! At least Haley has a shot at normalcy!

Julia Deaver said...

I love reading all the fun stuff about you... I have known you sooo long and I still learned new stuff! I did know that you like Cereal and soundtracks! I didn't know you wish you wish you were taller when around tall people... I wish I was taller all the time!

Blog Archive