Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Adjusting
These pictures aren't related to this post, but it's always nice to have pictures to look at, right?
Before we moved to Philly, I tried as best I could to mentally prepare myself for the move. Not only was it a move away from family and friends, but it was a transition away from all things familiar to me. I had a baby 4 weeks before we headed up, so that was an added bonus because babies are always an easy addition to an already stressful situation. I like it here, but for goodness sakes, people just STEAL stuff all the time! We have been robbed of our trash cans and I am not happy! We had two lovely new grey Rubbermaid trash cans outside our house and they are gone. The little thief was nice enough to first remove the bags of trash and leave them on the sidewalk. I now have to keep trash in the cellar until Thursday when I make Jim haul the bags up to put outside for pick-up. We had been locking the trash cans up with a bike lock until we got slack from people who thought we were paranoid. Thanks people!

It's a good thing a friend of ours works for Rubbermaid and has offered to get us two new, NICER trash cans for free! Ha! Only a few more weeks of waiting for them to come in! In the meantime, maybe one of the people who walks by every day with a grocery cart now has a better place to sleep. In all seriousness, I hope that's true because it's pretty darn cold outside.



We had our Christmas party at church on Saturday. Santa was there, and the boys enjoyed seeing him. We had just gone to the mall earlier in the week to take a peek at Santa (neither of them wanted to talk to him), so Luke was noticing that the two were different. He asked why the Santa at church was wearing jeans instead of red pants. Jim quickly answered that he must have torn his red pants on his sleigh and would change when he got back to the North Pole. I was thinking how smart and observant my child was until I realized that he didn't notice this Santa was black.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

the hamms said...

Meredith, what are you doing awake and blogging at 3:44.

Meredith said...

It was 6:44! Wes ate at 5:30 and I couldn't go back to sleep for a little while. Blogger must use Pacific time.

Anonymous said...

That's gotta be a terrible feeling having people steal from you!! I hope it's limited to only trash cans. I do have to say though - if that's been the hardest part of adjusting, I'm impressed! I've thought of you often and wondered how you've done it! And btw - I love the last picture with their three heads together!

Winters Wonderland said...

Man, that is crazy about the trash cans!! Make sure to lock up your new nicer ones!! (what a pain!)

Blog Archive